Monday, June 4, 2007

N for Neutral

“I swore never to be silent whenever and wherever human beings endure suffering and humiliation. We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” - Elie Wiesel

In a car that has an atomatic transmission, you would find the letters "P, R, N, D, L" on the gear box.
If you were made to choose between the letters "R, N, and D" what would you choose?
I wouldn't choose "N" or neutral... It won't get me anywhere.

I've chosen "N" on several occasions in my life, and I thought that I was doing the right thing. And I was proven wrong.

"Hey you. It's alright with me if you took 'their' side. I ain't mad at you. I even quite respect the fact that you chose a side unlike others."

Neutrality, as a lasting principle, is a sign of weakness; and is at times, a graver sin than belligerence.